Monday, May 19, 2014

I am NOT a Color (part two)

     I started this blog post with one thing in mind, but I completely forgot and started going on this tangent. 
     My mom runs a school, and she has these creepy dolls that the kids love to play with in her office. They're all different races and some are disabled, and my mom likes to tell the kids to put them into families. One thing she's noticed is that the families always change, and they're never ever separated by color. I just think it's interesting that the children are color blind in a sense.
The multicultural dolls
They don't think about what the skin colors are  or if one is deaf or not. They just arrange them in a way so the dolls can be happy. This is so important to me because adults and teens hardly ever do this; we always have to put people in these categories and box them up, but we don't need to do that ever. When meeting a new group of people, it's way easier to find similarities than it is to find differences. 

     I just wanted to put it out there that people shouldn't be view as colors. I know it's fun to joke about race and stereotypes, but in all seriousness, I think that we shouldn't; it's just going to make it that much harder to break the molds we're supposed to fit into.

No comments:

Post a Comment