Thursday, March 6, 2014

Hairspray, Wow!

Singing around the piano
     I am currently in Hairspray at the Duluth Playhouse, which I have mentioned in a previous blog post. My character's name is Judine and I'm one of the Dynamites. It's such a fun role to play because I get to be extremely sassy, and that is so hard for me to do! ;) 
Having down time
I remember when I first started rehearsing in January, and I was feeling nervous because I didn't know what to expect from the Playhouse after taking a break for 4 years. Things have changed with the Children's Theatre Program, but they've changed for the better. I'm actually learning so much, and I enjoy a great majority of the practices. It's a lot of fun to be with kids from all over the Twin Ports area. 
     The show is fun, but it has really important messages about how one should treat other people. The issues in this show are black and white: there is segregation and discrimination, but with the power of music and dancing, everyone can come together for to create the future. 
A theatre kid's night sky
     There are so many great songs, and I get them stuck in my head all the time! There's never a moment when I don't have Hairspray on my mind! And that goes for a literal sense as well; we have to use so much hairspray to keep our hair in place! It's so great to see everything coming together. 
      It's such a great thing to be a part of! I'm making so many new friends, but it's also sad because there are more people that I'm going to miss when I get to college! Make sure you attend! It runs March 13th through the 29th! 

No comments:

Post a Comment